At “BEST SHOPS”, we respect your privacy and are committed to ensuring the confidentiality and security of your personal data. We take all appropriate technical and organizational measures for their protection according to each applicable national and EU legislation, and more particularly the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, each national legislation as well as the Decisions, Directives and Opinions of the responsible Supervisory Authority.
Protecting the privacy of customers and traders is an essential priority for “BEST SHOPS”.
WHAT DOES THE TERM “PERSONAL DATA” MEAN?
The term Personal Data is used to characterize each information relating to identified or identifiable persons “subjects of data”. The identifiable person is that whose identity can be verified, directly or indirectly, through their identity card/passport and data that define their physical, genetic, psychological, economic, cultural or social status.
WHAT DOES THE TERM “PROCESSING” MEAN?
The term “Processing” is defined as an action or series of actions realized with or without the use of automated means or manually in Personal Data or in data sets. Such actions include the collection, submission, organization, structuring, storage, adaptation, alteration, recovering, searching information, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination, all possible means of being available, the relevance or the combination, restriction, erasure or destruction of Personal Data.
The General Data Protection Regulation is applied in the whole or in part processing of Personal Data with automated means as well as in the non automated processing if it is part of a structured filing system.
Examples of processing: personnel and payroll management, accessing/searching information in contact data base that includes Personal Data, sending marketing emails, publishing/posting one’s photograph on the website, storage of IP addresses or MAC addresses, filming (closed circuit television).
WHAT DOES THE TERM “DATA CONTROLLER” MEAN?
The Data Controller determines the processing purposes of Personal Data and the means through which it is carried out. A Data Controller can be a physical or legal person, the public authority, the agency or another body which, alone or joined with others, determine the purposes and the way of processing Personal Data. When the purposes and the processing way are defined by the European or Member State Law, the Data Controller or the specific criteria for their appointment may be provided for by the European or Member State Law.
Mr. Vasileios Spyrou is the Data Controller for the “BEST SHOPS”.
CATEGORIES OF DATA WE COLLECT
- Personal data (Full name, Identity Card or Passport Number, Insurance Number, VAT Number, genre, date of birth, nationality)
- Contact details (telephone number, postal address, e-mail, personal accounts on social media etc)
- Payment details with credit or debit card
- Responses to our questionnaires and your general evaluation of the services we provide.
- Any kind of personal data that you provide us with to better serve you.
- Data included and collected through promotions or campaigns or competitions through social media pages, email marketing etc.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
The collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data are carried out for the below purposes:
- For the observance and fulfilment of our contractual obligations.
- For the information and promotional use as long as your consent is obtained
- To comply with the applicable provisions, the legal framework which governs the shops and the Applicable Law.
- To authenticate you when connecting to our websites and our Wi-Fi (in cases you want to use it in our shops)
- To fulfil information requests and remember your preferences and registration information.
- To measure and collect data for administrative and other purposes of contact and to operate and improve the effectiveness of our services and websites.
Your rights in relation to your Personal Data that we process are the following:
- Withdrawing at any time your consent as far as the use of Personal Data for promotional or informational purposes is concerned.
- You can ask for information concerning the type of processing that your personal data undergo by the “BEST SHOPS” and you can have access to them.
- Change, correct or update your Personal Data when necessary
- Ask for the permanent erasure of all your Personal Data from our files
- Ask for restriction in processing of your Personal Data, provided that all conditions of the relevant legislation are met.
- Request a copy of all or a part of your Personal Data in a commonly used and read format by machines.
WHAT CONDITIONS ARE RESPECTED REGARDING MY PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION?
“BEST SHOPS” have taken and apply all appropriate technical and organizational data with the aim of safely processing personal data and preventing any accidental lose or destruction. Also, they ensure the prevention of unauthorized or/and illegal access to them, use, alteration or disclosure. They are responsible for maintaining the legal collection, processing and safe storage of Personal Data according to the provisions of the National, European and International Law regarding the protection of the individual. It has to be mentioned that the way of internet operation and the fact that it is accessible by anyone does not allow guarantees to be given that unauthorized persons will never have the ability to breach the technical measures and hava access to your data for illegitimate purposes.
WHAT ARE THE COOKIES?
The website of “BEST SHOPS” use “cookies”. Cookies are small text files which are stored in our browser while you browse. Cookies do not provoke any harm to your computer and do not contain any viruses. Cookies are used to make our offer more user-friendly, more effective and safer. Their aim is to notify the website once a user visits it, for their former activity. They usually describe their data so as the website will “remember” you next time you visit it again.
Cookies may come from the website we have already visited or another website (third-party cookies), for instance through promotions. They collect statistics concerning browsing, though without identifying you as a person.
If you send us enquiries using the contact form, your data from the enquiry form, including contact details that you provided, will be stored for purposes of processing the enquiry and in case of following enquiries. We will never transfer these data without your consent.
The processing of data provided in our contact form is carried out exclusively on the basis of your consent. You can withdraw this consent at any time. What you only need is to send us an email to the email addresses appearing in the CONTACT field of the website. The lawfulness of data processing realized before withdrawal is not affected by the withdrawal.
The data you provided in the contact form will remain together until you ask for their erasure, withdraw your consent for storage. The obligatory legal provisions – specifically the periods of preserving – remain unaffected.
THANK YOU FOR VISITING AND READING OUR PIVACY POLICY